Simulation Software Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Simulation Software Engineer to fill a vacancy in the Modeling and Simulation Development. Candidate will assist in the design, development, test, and verification of missile trajectory and RF signature prediction simulations. The position covers the whole of the software development process, from design and implementation to testing, documentation and delivery. The highly dynamic and fast-paced environment encourages speed and efficiency while maintaining product consistency, functionality and traceability.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is required.
- Prior work experience with a major programming language (C, C++, Java or FORTRAN) and a working knowledge of Windows/Unix/Linux Operating Systems is required.
- Qualified candidates will be detail oriented, highly motivated and comfortable with working independently and in a development team.
- Applicants must possess U.S. citizenship and a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a security clearance.
- Candidate with these desired skills or experience will be given preferential consideration
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years’ experience or a Master's Degree.
- Experience in modeling and simulations architecture and development
- Experience with all phases of software QA including unit, acceptance, regression and cross-platform testing
- Experience with recent C++ standards (C++11/14/17)
- Development experience with IDES (VisualStudio, NetBeans, Eclipse), debuggers and performance tools
- Knowledge or experience in multi-threading (POSIX, OpenMP, MPI), SSE or GPIJ and FPGA programming
- Familiarity with MAT LAB scripting and Simulink
- Experience with version-control software (Subversion, Git) and configuration management tools (Jira, Bugzilla)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, BASH)
- Experience working within an Agile development team