Seeking an exceptionally seasoned, educated, trained and certified Cloud Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert with vast IT experience and knowledge across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and other federal agencies. Must be a motivated professional with sound judgment, proven leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, proven skills, knowledge, and abilities across the Cybersecurity spectrum. In this position you will be required responsible for the cradle to grave development of RMF artifacts, discovering vulnerabilities and risks in networks, software systems and data centers with ongoing vulnerability scans, monitoring network data, and ensuring hardware and software applications are updated and communicating status to senior government leadership. Success in this position will be apparent upon a full authority to operate (ATO) and/or interim authority to test (IATT).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Education level/experience/specific skills/personal characteristics/certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s (preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Info Security Management, or equivalent education or work experience
- Minimum 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced certifications: Certified Info Security Manager (CISM), Info Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), ISACA Security + Certified, CompTIA. Info Assurance Methodology Certification, Info Assurance Security Officer/Info Systems Security Officer (IASO/ISSO). SANS Security Essentials & the 10 CISSP Domains Bootcamp Advanced Business, Interpersonal Comms and Project Management
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- If candidate has not already taken a polygraph, a polygraph will be needed upon placement into the position.