Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Our team supports the MIDS product lines, consisting of the MIDS-Low Volume Terminal (MIDS-LVT) and MIDS Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS JTRS), to deliver this capability. Our team provides support in Acquisition and Program Management, Configuration and Data Management, Engineering, Test and Evaluation, Logistics, Cybersecurity/Information Assurance, and Risk and Opportunity Management support services for the program office, its products, and related items and processes.
Reporting to the Program Manager/Senior Systems Engineer, the Senior Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering support for the MIDS JTRS Software Development Radio (SDR) product line, with significant support to the Tactical Targeting Network Technology (TTNT) capability and new and adjacent waveform (WF) capabilities for the dynamic MIDS Program Office.
What You'll Do:
- Provide Systems-of-Systems (SoS) engineering support in the definition, documentation, execution and analysis of SoS requirements to ensure MIDS JTRS meets the installed system performance requirements when integrated on the platforms.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations for Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Investigation Requests (IRs), and MIDS JTRS Problem Reports (JPRS).
- Apply system engineering principles to review and provide technical comments on the specifications and interface documents for Functional Baseline (FBL), Allocated Baseline (ABL) and Product Baseline (PBL), to include reviewing Technical Data Packages.
- Support technical reviews of the FBL, ABL and PBL ECPs and help resolve and adjudicate comments to ensure proper traceability between the FBL, ABL and PBL requirements.
- Actively participate in Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), First Article Qualification Tests (FAQTs) and other program test events
- Provide program management advice on structuring and conducting PDRs, CDRs, PMRs, TRRs, FAQTs, etc. to best meet review objectives and procedures.
- Provide engineering expertise, input, and training as needed to support specification and configuration management in DOORS.
- Provide engineering expertise to assist with emerging platform requirements definition and integration support, including review of platform documentation, specifications, drawings and participating in Technical Interchange Meeting (TIMs), teleconferences, and platform SETR Process events.
- Actively participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), Technical Working Groups (TWG) and Interface Control Working Group (ICWG) and MIDS JTRS International Review Board (MJIRB) meetings and teleconference calls , as required, to provide technical support, resolve action items, and summarize issues and recommendations to USG
- Review and analysis of technical risk and opportunity assessments, system deficiencies, and development and operational requirements for MIDS capabilities.
- Review, understand, and evaluate Earned Value Management Systems/Cost Schedule Control Systems reports and identify schedule and cost issues related to technical design, development, test, and/or production.
- Review RFPs and SOWs released to MIDS industry vendors and provide cost and technical evaluations of industry proposals submitted in response to RFPs.
- Review CDRLs provided by MIDS industry vendors and provide technical comments to USG COR for concurrence.
- Work 1920 hours per calendar year in accordance with our contract with the US Government
- Deliver all requirements outlined in the contract SOW
- Bid and Proposal support if requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in applied science, computing, engineering, or other related technical discipline.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in Government Systems Engineering or combined ten (10) years’ experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Government Systems Engineering
- Tactical Data Link or similar data link or tactical networking technology
- Definition, specification and design of complex communication systems
- System Design Review
- MIDS architecture and system engineering
- Defense Acquisition Engineering Training
- Demonstrated experience working in DoD Acquisition Program Office.
- Ability to foster cooperation among individuals.
- Ability to process concurrent tasks and work with others to accomplish large or complex tasks.
- Ability to establish and model high standards of performance.
- Ability to become proficient in firm- and Customer-specific software, applications, or programs
- Exceptional organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.