Must be U.S. Citizen
: Must be able to pass background investigation
Competitive, w/ Full benefits
Willcor, Inc. is seeking qualified personnel Aerostat Operator personnel to provide Operations and Maintenance support for program Aerostat systems. The Aerostat systems provide persistent surveillance, detection capabilities, to our U.S. Government customer.
The Aerostat Operator function as part of a crew that will perform all functions to support both flight and maintenance activities at the Aerostat site. Responsibilities include:
- Perform all operations & maintenance functions to operate the Aerostat system and its sensors.
- Hands-on operation of the Aerostat system including launch, in-flight, recovery, and moored maintenance activities.
- Maintain cognizance of system performance.
- Conduct Aerostat performance computations as necessary to acquire data results relative to Aerostat system state-of-health trends.
- Identify and analyze any security threats on the site and report any unusual security conditions.
- Responsible for training other team members and USBP personnel in Aerostat operations and maintenance activities as required.
- Analyze data related to significant events and create reports based on data captured.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on the Aerostat and control subsystems, power and control subsystems, tether subsystem, ground station electronic subsystems, payload and communications subsystems, and site facility electronics as appropriate.
- Perform all Aerostat electronic subsystem preflight and post-flight checks and inspections as required.
- Assist with coordination of resupply and repair logistics activities for the Aerostat electronics subsystems.
- Perform activities to fulfill Civil Engineering site tasks related to site support.
- May be required to work in special man-lift vehicles. Functions as a key member of the flight crew for inflation, deflation, launch, recovery, maintenance, and in-flight activities.
- Operate and use support equipment to include but not limited to: forklift, all-terrain vehicles, and generators.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
It’d be even better if you…
- You have an associate degree in a related field with 4+ years of related work experience or a High School Diploma with 6+ years of related work experience. 6+ years of related work experience may be substituted for an associate degree.
- You have Aerostat systems operating knowledge. 1 year preferred in at least one of the following systems: RAID / PGSS / PTDS / PSST-M / PSST-L.
- Obtain and maintain Aerostat operations certifications designated by Willcor, Inc. Training and Development Manager in accordance with program Training Plan and Curriculum.
- You have excellent organizational skills, as well as excellent verbal and communication skills.
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Project).
- You have a valid U.S. Driver’s license.
- You can understand, speak, read and write English fluently.
- You have proof of U.S. residency (required).
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Can perform the following physical activities: stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
- Can use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
- Are comfortable working in interior and exterior work environments, sometimes in inclement weather. May be required to travel for extended periods as needed.
- Can travel as needed.
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a position of public trust. To obtain this position, you must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to show proof of citizenship and residency.
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain Aerostat operations certifications in accordance with program Training Plan and Curriculum.